One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An airtight room that can be filled with poisonous gas as a means of execution.
- ‘His father had been killed in the gas chambers and he had no one else.’
- ‘She'll be taken to the gas chambers and killed there.’
- ‘The camps were the transit camps used before people were taken to the concentration camps with gas chambers.’
- ‘This is where they killed countless thousands in gas chambers.’
- ‘Secular humanism leads to the gas chambers simply because it does not recognise our capacity for self deception and evil.’
- ‘Beyond those incapable of work and selected for the gas chambers, it had a huge prison population mainly engaged in slave labour.’
- ‘But, without his intervention, so many more would have died with their parents in the gas chambers.’
- ‘He has said in the past that the gas chambers were just a detail of history.’
- ‘I wondered if he thought he was going to die, or be herded onto the boxcars to die later in the gas chambers, or if he knew he would persevere.’
- ‘The presence and use of gas chambers are matters best left to real evidence.’
- ‘For a year they housed a refugee whose whole family died in gas chambers.’
- ‘So far, no one has clarified how these false gas chambers worked, and what proof there is of their existence.’
- ‘They gave us an insight into the kinds of minds that created the gas chambers.’
- ‘After a few months of work, they received the same fate in the gas chamber or were killed by firing squads.’
- ‘During that time, thousands more had perished in the gas chambers.’
- ‘This is best done by storing in an inert gas chamber or in a vacuum chamber.’
- ‘Using a drawing, he reportedly describes a gas chamber and the victims he says he saw at the prison in the northeast of North Korea, near the Russian border.’
- ‘They're putting them in gas chambers and suffocating them.’
- ‘He is introduced into the camp scene after having miraculously survived the horror of a gas chamber killing in which all others perished.’
- ‘There was a gas chamber and furnace room in one barracks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.