One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sealed so as to prevent the leakage of gas.
- ‘To this end, they were made completely gas-tight by an aluminum coating only seven-thousandths of a millimeter thick so that no oxygen could get in.’
- ‘To preserve the pristine lunar dust and fragments, some samples were placed into gas-tight cans sealed with a knife-edge-to-metal seal.’
- ‘The epicotyl was surrounded with a gas-tight soft rubber fitting to a drilled cap, which was placed onto the tube.’
- ‘The first crews in gas-tight suits entered the station at 12.26 pm and the first ‘walking wounded’ emerged about six minutes later.’
- ‘This gas-tight system is clean, powerful and can be capped by hand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.