One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a contact lens) allowing the diffusion of gases into and out of the cornea.
- ‘Daily-wear soft lenses aren't as durable as gas-permeable lenses, but are more durable than disposable soft lenses.’
- ‘The lids and/or bottom surfaces contain steam- or gas-permeable, high-efficiency microbial filters.’
- ‘Rigid or gas-permeable contact lenses appear to slow the development of axial myopia to a greater extent than bifocals, but the reason is unknown.’
- ‘I wore hard, then gas-permeable, lenses for years, and never had a problem with them until the last year or so.’
- ‘All soft lenses are gas-permeable to a certain degree, and can be categorized further by the amount of water in the material.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.