Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a contact lens) allowing the diffusion of gases into and out of the cornea.
- ‘All soft lenses are gas-permeable to a certain degree, and can be categorized further by the amount of water in the material.’
- ‘Rigid or gas-permeable contact lenses appear to slow the development of axial myopia to a greater extent than bifocals, but the reason is unknown.’
- ‘I wore hard, then gas-permeable, lenses for years, and never had a problem with them until the last year or so.’
- ‘The lids and/or bottom surfaces contain steam- or gas-permeable, high-efficiency microbial filters.’
- ‘Daily-wear soft lenses aren't as durable as gas-permeable lenses, but are more durable than disposable soft lenses.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.