One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Path on left straight across field towards trees, field-edge path by gappy hedge, left when it ends, 50 yards.’
- ‘Cutting a stemmy hedgerow at 2’ - 3’ is not advisable, as it will produce bushy growth at this height, leaving a gappy base.’
- ‘I don't know much about how memories develop, but I know that the image of sunlight and big sky through the gappy leaves of eucalyptus has always felt like an old and fundamental image, like something I've looked at and registered all my life.’
- ‘Highly variable and gappy regions of alignments are usually excluded from phylogenetic analyses.’
- ‘Skillful use of veneers can straighten crooked teeth and close up gappy teeth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.