One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Her discharge from hospital was delayed by the fact that her toes were gangrenous (she would eventually lose them) and, because of blood clotting caused by the septicaemia, she had three epileptic seizures.’
- ‘How can art compete with skeletons and gangrenous hands in glass jars?’
- ‘The former RAF wireless operator developed sores while on marching duty that became gangrenous, causing his legs to be amputated.’
- ‘When they removed the appendix they found it was gangrenous.’
- ‘She was found to have a gangrenous wound on her back.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.