- see globulin
- ‘Plasma cells then make excess gamma globulin antibody immune proteins that latch onto specific invaders.’
- ‘Some evidence indicated that patients who developed ARF had higher levels of anti streptokinase, anti streptolysin O, and gamma globulin at the time of onset of infection than those who did not develop ARF.’
- ‘Usually, a child is treated with intravenous doses of gamma globulin (purified antibodies), an ingredient of blood that helps the child's body fight off infection.’
- ‘The best prospect for development of an anti-SARS treatment in the short term is in the isolation of gamma globulin from the blood of those who have recovered from the disease.’
- ‘Short courses of treatment with steroids or gamma globulin can help suppress your immune system's attack on your red blood cells.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.