One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Seed development requires co-ordinated expression of embryo and endosperm and is controlled by sporophytic, male gametophytic, and female gametophytic genes.’
- ‘The pollen grain is the male gametophytic phase of flowering plants.’
- ‘Individual specimens were identified to the generic level from the morphology of the young sporophytes and the presence or absence of gametophytic trichomes.’
- ‘In barley, a combination of starvation and osmotic stress is able to induce efficiently a microspore developmental switch from the gametophytic to the sporophytic pathway, a process called androgenesis.’
- ‘In both species there are several layers of cells with labyrinthine walls (transfer cells) on both the sporophytic and gametophytic side of the placenta.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.