One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Individual specimens were identified to the generic level from the morphology of the young sporophytes and the presence or absence of gametophytic trichomes.’
- ‘In barley, a combination of starvation and osmotic stress is able to induce efficiently a microspore developmental switch from the gametophytic to the sporophytic pathway, a process called androgenesis.’
- ‘Seed development requires co-ordinated expression of embryo and endosperm and is controlled by sporophytic, male gametophytic, and female gametophytic genes.’
- ‘In both species there are several layers of cells with labyrinthine walls (transfer cells) on both the sporophytic and gametophytic side of the placenta.’
- ‘The pollen grain is the male gametophytic phase of flowering plants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.