One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Several gametic and zygotic reproductive barriers were found in a cross between Japonica and Indica rice varieties.’
- ‘Indeed, usually the marker phenotypes do not provide the gametic phase of the chromosomes (which allele originates from which parent), for example, in the case of a double or multiple heterozygote.’
- ‘If gametic and/or zygotic selection occurs whereby certain gametes or zygotic combinations have a reduced chance of survival, progeny distributions are skewed and are said to exhibit segregation distortion.’
- ‘These observations demonstrate that a mechanism contributed by the cytoplasm of the wild-type gametic cell recognizes abnormal-length flagella and restores length control.’
- ‘Simultaneous analysis of the haploid megagametophyte and diploid embryo in a seed allows the female and male gametic contributions to the zygote to be separated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.