Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A handheld controller for video games.
- ‘The gamepad behaved exactly as you'd expect, with left analogue stick assigned to steering and the face buttons assigned to accelerate, brake, handbrake and view change.’
- ‘The default mouse/keyboard combination works extremely well but there's also support for gamepads and joysticks including those with force feedback.’
- ‘Even with the gamepad controller, the gameplay was still more difficult than it should be due to camera issues.’
- ‘In terms of control, you can use either your keyboard or a gamepad to control your fighter and with only four main keys to worry about, it's got a relatively small learning curve.’
- ‘The game can be played entirely with cursor keys, but joysticks and gamepads also are supported.’
- ‘The combat in Dues Ex is a bit lackluster due to the cumbersome controls of using a gamepad and because it utilizes the long-outdated unreal engine.’
- ‘Like most rhythm games, players typically have to hit a series of notes or icons in time as they scroll across the screen with their gamepad or their peripheral.’
- ‘Fortunately, with a gamepad the game's controls become slightly less complicated.’
- ‘The game looks sharper, and the gameplay remains as hectic as ever, but you'll get the most out of it if you own a gamepad, as the keyboard controls are quite clumsy.’
- ‘Joysticks, gamepads, and other controllers are great in their own way but if you want that simulation vibe a wheel should be included.’
- ‘The controls can be mapped to the mouse, a joystick or a gamepad.’
- ‘The world of Final Fantasy VIII can be explored via a gamepad or the keyboard.’
- ‘PC owners will want to either plug in a gamepad or a joystick, because trying to accurately fly using arrow keys will make you want to throw your monitor out of the window.’
- ‘Control is solid, but I recommend using a gamepad as the keyboard just doesn't feel right.’
- ‘In addition to making mice, trackballs and Webcams, Logitech also make joysticks, gamepads and consoles.’
- ‘The controllers are standard USB gamepads, featuring dual analogue sticks, a standard four-button face arrangement and 4 shoulder triggers.’
- ‘It's even offering a gamepad controller accessory that fits over the back of the handset and looks like an old Nintendo pad.’
- ‘The Intel Wireless Series includes a gamepad, mouse and keyboard which talk to the PC via a USB base station which can support up to eight devices.’
- ‘To the left of the screen you'll find a digital gamepad, while below this is an analog stick.’
- ‘Forget the keyboard; you will need a gamepad for this game.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.