One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A handheld controller for video games.
- ‘Fortunately, with a gamepad the game's controls become slightly less complicated.’
- ‘The Intel Wireless Series includes a gamepad, mouse and keyboard which talk to the PC via a USB base station which can support up to eight devices.’
- ‘In terms of control, you can use either your keyboard or a gamepad to control your fighter and with only four main keys to worry about, it's got a relatively small learning curve.’
- ‘It's even offering a gamepad controller accessory that fits over the back of the handset and looks like an old Nintendo pad.’
- ‘The combat in Dues Ex is a bit lackluster due to the cumbersome controls of using a gamepad and because it utilizes the long-outdated unreal engine.’
- ‘In addition to making mice, trackballs and Webcams, Logitech also make joysticks, gamepads and consoles.’
- ‘Forget the keyboard; you will need a gamepad for this game.’
- ‘Joysticks, gamepads, and other controllers are great in their own way but if you want that simulation vibe a wheel should be included.’
- ‘The gamepad behaved exactly as you'd expect, with left analogue stick assigned to steering and the face buttons assigned to accelerate, brake, handbrake and view change.’
- ‘The game can be played entirely with cursor keys, but joysticks and gamepads also are supported.’
- ‘PC owners will want to either plug in a gamepad or a joystick, because trying to accurately fly using arrow keys will make you want to throw your monitor out of the window.’
- ‘The world of Final Fantasy VIII can be explored via a gamepad or the keyboard.’
- ‘The game looks sharper, and the gameplay remains as hectic as ever, but you'll get the most out of it if you own a gamepad, as the keyboard controls are quite clumsy.’
- ‘To the left of the screen you'll find a digital gamepad, while below this is an analog stick.’
- ‘Like most rhythm games, players typically have to hit a series of notes or icons in time as they scroll across the screen with their gamepad or their peripheral.’
- ‘Control is solid, but I recommend using a gamepad as the keyboard just doesn't feel right.’
- ‘The default mouse/keyboard combination works extremely well but there's also support for gamepads and joysticks including those with force feedback.’
- ‘The controls can be mapped to the mouse, a joystick or a gamepad.’
- ‘The controllers are standard USB gamepads, featuring dual analogue sticks, a standard four-button face arrangement and 4 shoulder triggers.’
- ‘Even with the gamepad controller, the gameplay was still more difficult than it should be due to camera issues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.