One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A television program in which people compete to win prizes.
- ‘In studio-based game shows, for example, the studio director controls the multiple in-studio cameras and camera-operators.’
- ‘In this view, networks, from the beginning of television time, should have programmed lots of prime-time game shows.’
- ‘Indeed, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire is not just a game show but a dumbed-down game show.’
- ‘Japanese TV programmes, which subject contestants in game shows to gruesome and painful experiences in front of their audiences, are a growth industry.’
- ‘According to reports in the Chinese media, even the hugely popular local soap operas and game shows have had to give way to extended coverage of the Games.’
- ‘It would also have music and game shows as also news bulletins in Telugu and Urdu while plans are in the offing to have news in English too.’
- ‘Daytime television, when not featuring soap operas or game shows, is about embarrassing yourself and your family and friends in public.’
- ‘There's a game show on television in North America in which contestants answer questions to win cash.’
- ‘Inside there are cups of tea on the dining room table and the sounds of a game show from a television.’
- ‘In most game shows, the prize is a trip to Hawaii, a million dollars, or a new television.’
- ‘I know over the 43 years that I've been on television, game shows have been like the stock market.’
- ‘Three-To-One was one of those lively dating game shows where contestants try to make a love match in the midst of an unusual group date.’
- ‘The venture is working on a sitcom as well as game shows and general entertainment shows.’
- ‘I was directing a game show on CBS and had health coverage but no life insurance.’
- ‘Also, why do modern game shows have to explain the rules of the game every two minutes?’
- ‘The prime time slots serve up a steady diet of game shows and quiz shows, garnished with leggy models in skimpy clothes.’
- ‘Then I jumped up and down in front of the sensor, waving my arms in the air, like someone who had just won a week in Ibiza on a television game show.’
- ‘Over the summer months Brenda hosted a television game show, Get Flirting, that she devised herself.’
- ‘Visit your local library or music store and collect music from television programs, game shows, and movies.’
- ‘I am interested in finding out how to get a list of television game shows airing between the years 1998-2002.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.