One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room for relaxing or socializing in a house or public building, typically furnished with a pool table, Ping-Pong table, dart board, or other recreational amenities.
- ‘Many ranches provide amenities such as swimming pools, hot tubs, and game rooms.’
- ‘The new pool table for our new games room arrives today.’
- ‘The final reception room is a particularly spacious games room.’
- ‘Alex has put a pool table in the game room and a sofa couch in there also.’
- ‘After adding on more casual spaces, he'll turn a little-used living room into a library, study, or game room.’
- ‘Biff and Wilf were playing pool in the games room.’
- ‘There is also a vast semi-basement consisting of ten rooms which would be ideal for games rooms, offices or storage.’
- ‘Robin has already converted the games room into a restaurant, which opens next week.’
- ‘The game room had a pool table, an air hockey table, and a hot tub in it.’
- ‘We have a game room with a Ping-Pong table, video games, music and a TV.’
- ‘He also wants to start a karate class and build a game room.’
- ‘There is a a large games room completely separate from the house.’
- ‘The complex has a large swimming pool, gym, games rooms, shops and a chapel.’
- ‘The WingHouse has a full bar and there is a game room with pool tables in the back.’
- ‘Dan had gone with John to the game room to play some pool.’
- ‘Fellow classmates knew of his talent on the table, especially since their school game room had a pool table.’
- ‘Working spaces are supported by gyms and games rooms and a host of canteens, restaurants and rest areas.’
- ‘For teens, the Video Zone game room, with 20 machines, adjoins the busy Garden Cafe.’
- ‘The east wing consisted of the grand ballroom, a game room, the kitchen, dining room, and the headquarters for the people working in the mansion.’
- ‘The Rayong Resort provides its guests with facilities like a fitness center, a shell-museum, table tennis, game rooms and a sauna.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.