One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in tennis and other sports) a point that, if won by one contestant, will also win the game.
- ‘Riley, a reserve outside hitter from Texas, converted a kill on game point to tie the match.’
- ‘He worked him hard in the first, going up 10-6 before giving up a stroke at game point.’
- ‘Finally it was game point, and the opposing team served it across the net.’
- ‘Why did I miss that serve when it was game point in the championship?’
- ‘His determination during game point was evident.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.