Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The basic software of a computer game or video game.
- ‘Thanks to a highly detailed game engine, the battles really do feel epic in scope.’
- ‘I've got a question about game engines.’
- ‘Also significant could be the downloading of mini games engines that allow for further play.’
- ‘The story unfolds via a series of episodes, aided by cutscenes rendered by the game engine.’
- ‘There's a group of crazy Danish coders who actually did write a game engine in ML.’
- ‘Besides, on a personal level, I simply like creating a game engine.’
- ‘We are making no edits or changes to the game engine itself.’
- ‘The game engine is, essentially, a WML interpreter.’
- ‘The editor I used to create each level was technically more complicated than the actual game engine.’
- ‘Thanks to the new game engine, BR2 is a visual feast.’
- ‘First, there is the underlying game engine itself.’
- ‘Thankfully, we have an amazing editing tool that allows us to manipulate most of the map elements within the actual game engine.’
- ‘The game utilizes the Source game engine, coupled with a heavily modified version of the Havok physics engine.’
- ‘The first and most common, as mentioned above, is the game engine itself.’
- ‘The PC version of Counter-Strike comes from a game engine over a half-decade old already.’
- ‘Using an existing game engine, the pair were able to put their idea into practice almost immediately.’
- ‘The game engine is absolutely the bare minimum you see these days.’
- ‘Aerial combat aside, the basic game engine remains the same.’
- ‘The game engine itself also appears to be somewhat weak.’
- ‘This, of course, is assuming you already have a game engine.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.