One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who gambles.‘a compulsive gambler’
backer, staker, speculator, risk-taker, betterView synonyms
- ‘Then there are the casino gamblers, who treat poker as an elaborate version of roulette.’
- ‘Some states limit the number of casinos they will accept as well as the amounts of money gamblers can bet.’
- ‘The Tax Code also requires casinos to gather personal data on their gamblers for reports.’
- ‘If you ever even thought of a life as a professional gambler, this book might change your mind.’
- ‘He was known to be a regular gambler at casinos and betting shops, went to the gym daily and won karate trophies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.