One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Gambia or its people.‘accommodation for the visiting Gambian athletes’
- ‘The study and consent procedures were approved by the Gambian government and the Medical Research Council ethics committee.’
- ‘The sixth form students from Lancashire schools will set off on Monday for the Gambian capital Banjul.’
- ‘Her home is typically Gambian, very small and simply furnished.’
- ‘Music and song are important in Gambian culture, and can be divided into two types: personal music and group music.’
- ‘The Gambian international received his 5th caution, and will be suspended for the next game.’
A native or inhabitant of Gambia.‘this nature reserve is very important for the Gambians’
- ‘Young Gambians like to keep fit and there are gyms all over the place in this country.’
- ‘Gambian football authorities are pondering to making a swoop for Bjomholm-Jatta, a Gambian by descent, who plays for one of Norway's biggest clubs.’
- ‘He said he was a Gambian and a U.S. citizen.’
- ‘He is one of the few Gambians to sign for an English premier league club.’
- ‘Last week, the Gambian opened the scoring just 12 minutes into the match and he was involved again early.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.