A method of applying group theory to the solution of algebraic equations.
- ‘Combining a concrete perspective with an exploration-based approach, this analysis develops Galois theory at an entirely undergraduate level.’
- ‘He began to study the Galois theory of equations and from there he was led to study composition series of groups.’
- ‘Nonetheless, he does intend to convey to all of his readers some of the ideas of Abel's proof and Galois theory, and he has thus set himself a much more formidable expository task than he did.’
- ‘This book is ideally suited for a two-term undergraduate algebra course culminating in a discussion on Galois theory.’
- ‘His interests in research relate to finite geometries and the group theory related to them, to Cremona transformations related to the Galois theory of equations.’