One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The small sac-shaped organ beneath the liver, in which bile is stored after secretion by the liver and before release into the intestine.
- ‘In this country, all we know how to do is cut out gall bladders, instead of make them better.’
- ‘Gallstones are hard pieces of stone-like material, round, oval, or faceted, commonly occurring in the gall bladder or the bile duct.’
- ‘Its main object is to show stones in the bile ducts and gall bladder.’
- ‘Wild bear gall bladders are widely believed to be of much higher quality when compared to farmed bile.’
- ‘The gall bladder stores and secretes bile, which includes salts used to break down food.’
- ‘This time it was in four parts of my liver, the gall bladder and the bile duct.’
- ‘Rats have no gall bladder, whereas in humans the gall bladder stores bile which is released into the small intestine and aids digestion.’
- ‘Every time you eat, your gall bladder releases its reserve of bile through ducts into the digestive tract.’
- ‘A palpable gall bladder suggests pancreatic malignancy, but it can be difficult to detect when displaced laterally or covered by an enlarged liver.’
- ‘The main function of the gall bladder is storing and excreting the bile produced by the liver.’
- ‘The laser proved to work well with narrow grasping tools and scissors to dissect the gall bladder from the liver bed.’
- ‘A shipment of 173 black bear gall bladders from Canada was confiscated at the Anchorage international airport.’
- ‘You may have to have part of your stomach, gall bladder and duodenum (the first bit of your small intestine) removed too.’
- ‘The digestion of fat also requires bile salts, delivered to the duodenum in bile from the liver, via the gall bladder.’
- ‘We find organs that have adhered to each other, usually the gall bladder and liver stuck together with scar tissue.’
- ‘Stones may migrate from the gall bladder into the bile duct.’
- ‘Hunting bears and selling their gall bladders is legal.’
- ‘The optimal treatment is to remove the stones in both the common bile duct and the gall bladder.’
- ‘According to our information, runners for the network carried the gall bladders to predetermined locations for resale.’
- ‘The gall bladder and the liver are internally-externally related organs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.