One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A minute mite which is parasitic on plants, typically living inside buds and causing them to form hard galls.
- ‘Nevertheless, keep an eye out for fuchsia gall mites, fuchsia rust, whiteflies, and aphids.’
- ‘The black currant gall mites are the small white worm-like creatures between the bud tissues.’
- ‘Resistance to gall mite has been a breeding objective in most blackcurrant programmes for many years.’
- ‘There are a few pests to watch for that like fuchsias such as spider mites, thrips, whiteflies, aphids, and fuchsia gall mites.’
- ‘Little is known about the mites that occur on black walnut, but the velvet gall mite is common in some areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.