One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, delicate midge that induces gall formation in plants or may cause other damage to crops.
- ‘More recently, the gall midge has moved into the Houston area and become a cause of bud drop.’
- ‘Sampson is also looking at ways to control the blueberry gall midge, a fly that attacks the flower and leaf buds of blueberry plants.’
- ‘Other pests include gypsy moth caterpillars, gall midge, and scale.’
- ‘Unlike gall midges, thrips have a wide host range, feeding on the flowers of many species of plants.’
- ‘The family appears to be a member of the extant group Sciaroidea, which includes fungus gnats and gall midges, though precise relationships remain unclear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.