One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small Australian cockatoo with a gray back and rosy pink head and underparts, abundant and regarded as a pest.
- ‘Because of today's down time with Esmeralda, it will be another day that I write about one of Australia's favourite idiots, the beautiful pink and grey galah.’
- ‘You can attract birds like eastern rosellas, king parrots, galahs and lorikeets to your garden.’
- ‘I mean they have problems with galahs and cockatoos so this sort of balances that.’
- ‘The galah is an Australian native parrot noted for low brainpower.’
- ‘But it no longer seems the slightest bit strange in Melbourne's inner suburbs to see sulphur-crested cockatoos and galahs.’
Mid 19th century: from Yuwaalaraay (an Aboriginal language of New South Wales).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.