A glycoside yielding galactose on hydrolysis.
- ‘Detected levels of galactose and galactosides were very low, and no marked changes were observed with stress.’
- ‘Trade-offs in catalytic efficiency at the lac permease of Escherichia coli produce alleles with different substrate specializations that are selectively favored on different galactosides.’
- ‘Their red coloration is primarily due to the flavonoid cyanidin - 3 - galactoside located in the vacuoles of skin cells.’
- ‘This enzyme is able to hydrolyse galactosides, such as galactinol.’
- ‘In contrast, galactosides are considered as probiotics and are in fact added to specific products with therapeutic purposes.’