Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A glycoside yielding galactose on hydrolysis.
- ‘Detected levels of galactose and galactosides were very low, and no marked changes were observed with stress.’
- ‘Trade-offs in catalytic efficiency at the lac permease of Escherichia coli produce alleles with different substrate specializations that are selectively favored on different galactosides.’
- ‘Their red coloration is primarily due to the flavonoid cyanidin - 3 - galactoside located in the vacuoles of skin cells.’
- ‘This enzyme is able to hydrolyse galactosides, such as galactinol.’
- ‘In contrast, galactosides are considered as probiotics and are in fact added to specific products with therapeutic purposes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.