One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A glycoside yielding galactose on hydrolysis.
- ‘Their red coloration is primarily due to the flavonoid cyanidin - 3 - galactoside located in the vacuoles of skin cells.’
- ‘Trade-offs in catalytic efficiency at the lac permease of Escherichia coli produce alleles with different substrate specializations that are selectively favored on different galactosides.’
- ‘This enzyme is able to hydrolyse galactosides, such as galactinol.’
- ‘In contrast, galactosides are considered as probiotics and are in fact added to specific products with therapeutic purposes.’
- ‘Detected levels of galactose and galactosides were very low, and no marked changes were observed with stress.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.