An enzyme, such as lactase, that is involved in the hydrolytic breakdown of a galactoside.
- ‘Extracts were prepared and galactosidase and ß-galactosidase assays were performed as described.’
- ‘However, the remarkable release of galactose during dismantling of fruit cell walls has led many researchers to study galactosidases due to their apparent involvement in the mobilization of galactose.’
- ‘If you don't digest beans, try a supplement containing alpha galactosidase, or another carbohydrate-splitting enzyme.’
- ‘The third term accounts for the conversion of lactose to allolactose as well as the hydrolysis of lactose to glucose and galactose via [beta] galactosidase.’
- ‘In this paper, the dynamic behavior of [beta] galactosidase was studied in chemostat cultures of E. coli synchronized with respect to cell division by periodic phosphate feeding at a period equal to the bacterial doubling time.’