The great circle passing as closely as possible through the densest parts of the Milky Way.
- ‘The galactic equator has moved from it's maximum north position and is once again straight and overhead.’
- ‘The galactic latitude between the galactic equator and the south galactic pole is negative.’
- ‘It will be the start of a new era resulting from and signified by the solar meridian crossing the galactic equator, and the earth aligning itself with the center of the galaxy.’
- ‘An asymmetry with respect to the galactic equator is obvious.’
- ‘The 0 degree latitude line, or the galactic equator, is in the plane of the galaxy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.