Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A female friend.
- ‘I enjoy group outing with guys but love one-on-one outing with my galpals.’
- ‘I was talking to a gal pal, three years into her relationship.’
- ‘This would make a great gift for an older sister, girlfriend, or gal pal.’
- ‘Under questioning, Taylor's gal pal claimed he was also "involved" with a 17-year-old runaway from out of state.’
- ‘If you are a teenage girl who wears ug boots when you go out with your galpals, you do not look cool.’
- ‘He told officers he was on his way to pick his gal pal at Wagner.’
- ‘He screamed at the 38-year-old victim to stop following his gal pal around at about 3:45 p.m.’
- ‘However, since my gal pal and I travel so much, we are seasoned packers.’
- ‘I'm a huge football fan and was watching a match with my gal pals.’
- ‘You just can't forget to stay true to your other gal pals, too.’
- ‘It's at that moment that I have to call my gal-pal.’
- ‘But even traveling with your best gal pal can be a challenge.’
- ‘Enlist the help of your close gals pals to help you stick to your convictions.’
- ‘She went on to explain that the man she left me for had gone back to his initial galpal, leaving her alone.’
- ‘I think you'd do well to supplement the boyfriends with galpals, anyway.’
- ‘Within the last two years, I've struck up a friendship with a new gal pal.’
- ‘Cormier then fished a digital camera out of his pocket and began shooting photos of his gal pal.’
- ‘I have also discovered that several of my gal pals are in similar older woman/younger man relationships.’
- ‘My gal pals did not let me down.’
- ‘It's no surprise that some of our favorite gal pals have been spotted hanging around South Beach lately.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.