Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An incentive plan in which employees or customers receive benefits directly as a result of cost-saving measures that they initiate or participate in.[as modifier] ‘the company's gainsharing program ties bonuses directly to team performance’
- ‘A real attempt to tackle the whole issue of employee participation and gainsharing should also be made.’
- ‘A study of 663 organizations demonstrated that gainsharing generated $2,200 in unbudgeted gains per employee per year.’
- ‘Under gainsharing, if the pension funds go up in value a lot, employees are promised a higher benefit.’
- ‘We also pointed out that the government, by encouraging gainsharing, was increasing the tax take from employees.’
- ‘These include gainsharing, profit sharing, stock options, quality circles, lean production, post-fordism, flexibility, flex-time, and of course, ESOPS.’
- ‘The key challenges faced by the social partners and the NCPP will include promoting flexibility at work, multiculturalism and new systems of rewards, such as gainsharing, benchmarking and profitsharing.’
- ‘In true gainsharing arrangements, physicians are directly paid a portion of the savings.’
- ‘Mike said, ‘When you do your math and figure in the gainsharing cuts, the wage increase is only 67 cents an hour and not $2.00 like the company said in the newspaper.’’
- ‘Well written and thorough, Mr. Masternak's thoughtful insights and examples will help those who want to begin a gainsharing program as well as those who have had their own experiences.’
- ‘The manual provides an overview of gainsharing and then takes you step-by-step through the design process.’
- ‘Nancy Johnson (R - CT) led the charge to include the gainsharing demonstration in the final bill.’
- ‘Medicare Part B and Medicaid payments to physicians generally are unaffected by a gainsharing arrangement.’
- ‘With gainsharing, the client is prepared to pay more if it receives more value than that for which it has paid.’
- ‘Research documents the significant productivity and real wage effects of gainsharing in firm case studies.’
- ‘While recent events have opened the door to gainsharing, the door is still just opened a crack.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.