One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Forget the nay-sayers, the ones who talk about profit margins, and the real gainers from this rural sourcing.’
- ‘Ireland is a small gainer is this overall mish-mash of a support system that will continue to be placed under severe scrutiny by those countries in the EU who are footing most of the bill.’
- ‘‘At the end of the day, pensioners are overall going to be gainers,’ he said.’
- ‘On the Nasdaq, losers beat gainers 2 to 1 as 447 million shares changed hands.’
- ‘The main gainers are farmers, salaried class, students and senior citizens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.