Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A person or thing that gags, in particular.
- ‘Roll out the bunting, book the high school marching band, chill the Chateau St. Michelle, and line up the gaggers along the service bar!’
- ‘A throat spray with numbing action, such as over-the-counter Vicks Ultra Chloraseptic Throat Spray, can relieve the gag reflex in gaggers or people with a cough or asthma.’
- ‘Just wanted you to be assured that being a gagger doesn't necessarily spoil the joys of eating!’
- ‘In case of a gagger, splints may be shaped to further minimize posterior extension without compromising structural integrity.’
- ‘But if you have a gagger I would stay away.’
- 1.1A piece of iron used in a foundry mold to keep the core in place.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.