One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A horse race for young horses for which entries are made long in advance, sometimes before the horses are born.
- ‘They came close many times, but 1st place in the big futurity races always eluded them.’
- ‘For the futurity races, there is a series of sustaining nomination fees to keep horses eligible.’
- ‘The sire subscription program (for Paints only) projected a $35,000 purse for the first running of the futurity race in 1976.’
- ‘Thus, the futurity stakes is weighted toward the breeder.’
- ‘The group will help educate its members on sales issues and could develop sales futurity races for yearlings purchased from CBA consignments.’
- ‘Futurities are for 2-year-olds nominated for a specific futurity race at birth.’
- ‘At least at that time in our area no one organized to mandate the discontinuation of widowhood or to sectionalize clubs or combines or futurity races!’
- ‘Money just missed making the finals at the Oklahoma Barrel Futurity ridden by Caitlin Boewe in her first futurity race.’
- ‘The first of the THP's rule proposal passed now prohibits a racetrack from deducting administrative costs from horsemen's fees paid into stakes and futurity races.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.