One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An agreement traded on an organized exchange to buy or sell assets, especially commodities or shares, at a fixed price but to be delivered and paid for later.Compare with forward contract
- ‘The size of the initial margin deposit will vary by type of livestock futures contract and the price level.’
- ‘The October average daily closing price for December Chicago Board of Trade futures contracts will determine the harvest price for corn crop revenue coverage.’
- ‘When banks bought gilts or German bonds whose prices were falling, their systems automatically sold futures contracts in similar bonds to hedge their losses.’
- ‘In Europe, when futures contracts have traded simultaneously on an exchange floor and on an electronic network, the liquidity has rapidly migrated online.’
- ‘You, the producer may then lock-in that price by selling a December corn futures contract through a broker.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.