One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An agreement traded on an organized exchange to buy or sell assets, especially commodities or shares, at a fixed price but to be delivered and paid for later.Compare with forward contract
- ‘You, the producer may then lock-in that price by selling a December corn futures contract through a broker.’
- ‘The size of the initial margin deposit will vary by type of livestock futures contract and the price level.’
- ‘In Europe, when futures contracts have traded simultaneously on an exchange floor and on an electronic network, the liquidity has rapidly migrated online.’
- ‘When banks bought gilts or German bonds whose prices were falling, their systems automatically sold futures contracts in similar bonds to hedge their losses.’
- ‘The October average daily closing price for December Chicago Board of Trade futures contracts will determine the harvest price for corn crop revenue coverage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.