One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the motor neurons with slender fibers which innervate muscle spindles.
- ‘All 3 types of fibre respond to fusimotor activity with graded contractions localised to the more polar regions.’
- ‘Gamma motoneurons that innervate the muscle spindles and affect the spindle outflow are often referred to as the fusimotor system.’
- ‘Muscle spindle endings respond to very small changes in muscle length, and the gain of their input can be affected by the specialized motor output from the spinal cord to the spindles, termed the fusimotor system.’
- ‘Eliminating the gamma fusimotor drive prevents alteration in jaw muscle spindle afferent discharge following algesic chemical stimulation.’
- ‘With fusimotor activity a new relationship is generated parallel to, but slightly above the lower line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.