Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting the motor neurons with slender fibers that innervate muscle spindles.
- ‘Muscle spindle endings respond to very small changes in muscle length, and the gain of their input can be affected by the specialized motor output from the spinal cord to the spindles, termed the fusimotor system.’
- ‘With fusimotor activity a new relationship is generated parallel to, but slightly above the lower line.’
- ‘All 3 types of fibre respond to fusimotor activity with graded contractions localised to the more polar regions.’
- ‘Eliminating the gamma fusimotor drive prevents alteration in jaw muscle spindle afferent discharge following algesic chemical stimulation.’
- ‘Gamma motoneurons that innervate the muscle spindles and affect the spindle outflow are often referred to as the fusimotor system.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.