One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of accommodations) available to be rented with furniture.
- ‘For example, I have heard of four guys renting a fully furnished house for the summer for $50 / month each, utilities included.’
- ‘Their solicitor had already found a fully furnished house for rent in London, and made a down payment on it.’
- ‘Before we left, we signed a lease on a furnished house, paid our first month's rent, and spoke with the principal of an elementary school for the girls.’
- ‘Of course we didn't have a lot to bring as we were renting a furnished apartment.’
- ‘Established three years ago, Strathclyde Homes Residential Letting, offers fully furnished apartments for rent in smart Glasgow locations.’
- ‘Emerald Isle has three- and four-bedroom furnished townhouses and prices start at $134,900.’
- ‘Property in new developments is generally sold fully furnished and weekly rents of about $600 can be achieved for three-bedroom villas.’
- ‘The centre includes a fully furnished show apartment and is open today from 2-4pm.’
- ‘At the Rivercourt scheme in Ballymahon, there are two fully furnished penthouse apartments available priced £130,000.’
- ‘For those with room to spare, the government's rent-a-room scheme allows a person to earn up to £4,250 a year from renting out a furnished room before any tax is due.’
- ‘There are 13 furnished cottages, each with its own courtyard, terrace, and fireplace.’
- ‘The farmhouse is split into three fully self-contained and furnished apartments, and has access to a swimming pool, barbecue, deck chairs and sun umbrellas.’
- ‘What easily could have been a dank bachelor's flat, was a bright, warm, and well furnished home.’
- ‘The Al-Muhajir Hotel, for example, is an unassuming concrete building with 26 furnished apartments.’
- ‘More non-Inuit will be sent up north from the south to do work and be housed in a newly furnished home by their employers.’
- ‘They include priceless centuries-old tapestries, three furnished lodge houses and 261 acres of land.’
- ‘Its advertising material states: ‘we provide completely furnished travel apartments’.’
- ‘The Brookfield Hall development in Castletroy comprises eight blocks of furnished apartments that are to be let to students during the academic year.’
- ‘But stretch to £270,000, and you get to keep the suite and all its stylishly furnished contents, which the hotel will rent out for you whenever you are away.’
- ‘After the divorce, his father had lived in a succession of furnished New York studios, and had moved back to Germany in the early 1960s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.