One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An animal whose fur is valued commercially.
- ‘The middle occupation yielded cod, beaver and sturgeon; as well, smaller amounts of deer, moose, seals, walrus, waterfowl, small furbearers, and swordfish were also identified.’
- ‘Fortunately, good sense intervened and I eventually got an education, but my fascination with furbearers, trappers and the trapping lifestyle has never waned.’
- ‘A person who has obtained the appropriate license and permit may transport green pelts of furbearers.’
- ‘Nothing in this regulation prevents the killing of furbearers actually found destroying livestock or poultry.’
- ‘A person shall not take small game or furbearers by hunting except during the times specified in this section.’
- ‘Beavers are classified as furbearers in Nebraska.’
- ‘‘We thought these guys were spending too much time at the bars,’ said Ron Andrews, furbearer resource specialist.’
- ‘Snaring also is popular for harvesting surplus furbearers, one of our renewable natural resources.’
- ‘Mississippi game laws designate which species are classified as furbearer and which as game animal.’
- ‘Coyote can be hunted at night during the period specified in the furbearers seasons and bag limits chart.’
- ‘Goals of furbearer management combine to encourage a proper balance of all wildlife species.’
- ‘The trapping of furbearers also played a vital role in the colonization of North America by European settlers.’
- ‘In an authoritative and factual manner this work examines all aspects of the biology and management of North American furbearers.’
- ‘State statutes also ensure the humane euthanasia of furbearers, since they are not food animals.’
- ‘The furbearers around this area are quite seriously hunted, trapped and senselessly killed.’
- ‘Since muskrats are furbearers and are protected by wildlife laws, the recommended method of control is to trap them heavily during the legal trapping season.’
- ‘To date, 32 traps and modifications have been field tested on nine species of furbearers nationwide.’
- ‘Many land companies began to lease sections of the marshes to individuals with exclusive rights to hunt, harvest alligators, and trap abundant muskrats and other furbearers.’
- ‘He is talking about people in mid-20th century harvesting a substantial part of their sustenance and livelihood from fish, game and furbearers.’
- ‘There are eleven furbearer species that are currently managed and trapped in Newfoundland and Labrador.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.