One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Game mammals and birds.
- ‘‘If you are in London you perceive Scotland as a recreational land, a land of fin, fur and feather,’ he says.’
- ‘There had just been the pro-pigeon demos outside the Town Hall, you see, and the councillors were terrified of upsetting the fur and feather lovers.’
- ‘New EU regulations have banned such displays because, it alleged, mixing fur and feather with meat is a health hazard.’
- ‘There will also be one of the biggest fur and feather sections in the county, and the farmer's market is returning by popular demand.’
- ‘The fur and feather trade has caused some species to become extinct and pushed others to the brink.’
- ‘They ranged from breeding, grooming and animal husbandry in horses, ponies, beef cattle, sheep and pigs down to the smallest in the fur and feather section of rabbits, pigeons and fowl.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.