One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small beetle that feeds on moulds and other fungi.
Superfamily Cucujoidea, genera in several families, and familyMycetophagidae
- ‘This study explored how density of colonies affects the distribution of forked fungus beetles among brackets of different quality and size.’
- ‘There are many species of fungus beetles, many of which have brilliant coloration.’
- ‘The trio began their work searching for samples of the hard-to-find fungus beetles which are rarely seen except by mushroom hunters.’
- ‘The presence of fungus beetles in grain indicates a moisture and heating problem.’
- ‘The various fungus beetles are from 2-5 mm in length and are often seen weekly flying around the home.’
- ‘A wide variety of fungi serves as hosts for the family as a whole, but each pleasing fungus beetle species seems to be specific to a certain group of fungi.’
- ‘The name fungus beetle is derived from the habits of these beetles; they are usually associated with fungi.’
- ‘Oak wilt spreads through the root systems of near by trees and by fungus beetles that carry the oak wilt spores from tree to tree.’
- ‘However, populations of the hairy fungus beetle are kept under control if proper sanitation techniques are used and the grain moisture level is maintained at 13 to 15 percent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.