One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Of or caused by a fungus or fungi.‘she suffered from a fungoid disease of her feet’
- 1.1 Resembling a fungus in shape, texture, or speed of growth.‘his skin looked moist and fungoid’
- 1.1 Resembling a fungus in shape, texture, or speed of growth.
A fungoid plant.
- ‘Fungins, much like their larger cousins, fungoids, thrive in dark and moist environments.’
- ‘The laboratory possesses different equipment for tests and researches on environmental influence on products such as: temperature, pressure, humidity, solar radiation, dust, fungoids, saline mist.’
- ‘Some fungoids are mildly poisonous, though most are benign.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.