One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Feeding on fungi or mushrooms.
- ‘Hundreds of California species either feed directly upon the e decomposer fungi, or predate the fungivorous taxa.’
- ‘The members of the tripunctata species group have diverse feeding habits; some are fungivorous and some are ground feeders associated with fallen flowers, small fruits, and decaying pulpy vegetation.’
- ‘We are studying the ecology of two groups of obligately fungivorous insects, cecid flies, and ciid beetles.’
- ‘The appearance of only a few predaceous snare building insects among the Mycetophilidae, of which about two thousand species are known to be mostly fungivorous, is in itself remarkable.’
- ‘Finding sporocarps may be time consuming, which would contribute to the assumed high degree of polyphagy in fungivorous insects in general.’
- ‘It possesses a central columella that is rich in lipids and is a choice food item for fungivorous mammals.’
- ‘The goal of this study was to manage the soil food web to enhance population levels of microbivorous and fungivorous nematodes in the spring so that their feeding would release N immobilized in the primary decomposer biomass.’
- ‘These compounds appear to play a role in defending sclerotia from attack by fungivorous insects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.