One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chemical that destroys fungus.
- ‘Common garden seed found in your garden centre is often treated with chemical fungicides and should not be used for sprouting.’
- ‘The fungicides nipagin and propionic acid were added to combat mold in the medium.’
- ‘Such resistance reduces the cost of hop production and the amount of fungicides used because the fungus is not able to infest resistant plants.’
- ‘Most crop protection chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides have chlorine in them.’
- ‘The work should help reduce growers' reliance on fungicides and other farm chemicals.’
- ‘Dust them with a powdered fungicide, such as captan, and spread them in a shady spot to dry for a day.’
- ‘Until 1997, cadmium carbonate and cadmium chloride were used as fungicides for golf courses and home lawns.’
- ‘Take similar protective measures when spraying insecticides, fungicides, paint and other toxic chemicals.’
- ‘Chemical gardeners would use fungicides and try and deal with the symptoms but I tend to see it as part of the landscape.’
- ‘Methylamine is used extensively in the manufacture of herbicides and fungicides.’
- ‘The commonly used fungicides are maneb, mancozeb, daconil and copper-oxychloride.’
- ‘No synthetic pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, growth hormones or chemical treatments of any kind are used.’
- ‘The chemical group a fungicide belongs to is defined by its mode of action on a fungus.’
- ‘Agricultural chemicals such as fungicides can be mixed with the seed coatings.’
- ‘The most commonly used pesticides include highly toxic chemicals called fumigants, fungicides and insecticides.’
- ‘Most wine growers panic at the thought of mildew or molds, and chemical fungicides are considered a necessary evil.’
- ‘The fungicide could be a synthetic chemical formulation or it could be a biological control.’
- ‘Pesticides can be divided into fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides.’
- ‘Older fungicides like wettable sulfur (an organically approved fungicide) are protectants.’
- ‘With the elimination of the volatile mercurials, most fungicides now approved for use on seed are classified as nonvolatile.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.