One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chemical that destroys fungus.
- ‘Until 1997, cadmium carbonate and cadmium chloride were used as fungicides for golf courses and home lawns.’
- ‘The fungicides nipagin and propionic acid were added to combat mold in the medium.’
- ‘The most commonly used pesticides include highly toxic chemicals called fumigants, fungicides and insecticides.’
- ‘No synthetic pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, growth hormones or chemical treatments of any kind are used.’
- ‘Such resistance reduces the cost of hop production and the amount of fungicides used because the fungus is not able to infest resistant plants.’
- ‘Chemical gardeners would use fungicides and try and deal with the symptoms but I tend to see it as part of the landscape.’
- ‘Dust them with a powdered fungicide, such as captan, and spread them in a shady spot to dry for a day.’
- ‘Methylamine is used extensively in the manufacture of herbicides and fungicides.’
- ‘Most wine growers panic at the thought of mildew or molds, and chemical fungicides are considered a necessary evil.’
- ‘The fungicide could be a synthetic chemical formulation or it could be a biological control.’
- ‘Older fungicides like wettable sulfur (an organically approved fungicide) are protectants.’
- ‘The work should help reduce growers' reliance on fungicides and other farm chemicals.’
- ‘Pesticides can be divided into fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides.’
- ‘Take similar protective measures when spraying insecticides, fungicides, paint and other toxic chemicals.’
- ‘With the elimination of the volatile mercurials, most fungicides now approved for use on seed are classified as nonvolatile.’
- ‘The commonly used fungicides are maneb, mancozeb, daconil and copper-oxychloride.’
- ‘Agricultural chemicals such as fungicides can be mixed with the seed coatings.’
- ‘Common garden seed found in your garden centre is often treated with chemical fungicides and should not be used for sprouting.’
- ‘Most crop protection chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides have chlorine in them.’
- ‘The chemical group a fungicide belongs to is defined by its mode of action on a fungus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.