One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Seek financial support for a charity, cause, or other enterprise.‘we support a lot of charities that fundraise for cancer care and research’
- ‘She'd planned to fundraise to help get him the hearing implants he needed.’
- ‘We have to fundraise 92 per cent of our income.’
- ‘At municipal, provincial, and national levels, they fundraise, organize and, yes, cheer for Canada's future classical musicians.’
- ‘He tirelessly promotes and fundraises for the club and, despite a spell of serious illness, remained involved and totally dedicated.’
- ‘The organisation has continued to fundraise aggressively.’
- ‘He thanked all the club's sponsors and all who fundraised during the year.’
- ‘Kitty also co-founded the local hospice for which she fundraised regularly.’
- ‘This talented group of young drummers are a credit to Peter and the dedicated group of people who fundraise endlessly to make this happen.’
- ‘The company says it fundraises for more than 500 charity groups.’
- ‘It is a difficult task to fundraise all the time but we have been greatly supported by the local community.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.