One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘Political leaders, business leaders and the institutions they lead serve as important catalysts for societal change because the two are, in functionalist sociology, mutually inclusive.’
- ‘Within the barn-like galleries, divided by screens and glass cases, there are backless varnished pine seats modelled, in a functionalist manner, on rows of upturned tea-chests.’
- ‘As an invitation to participate in just such a research project, the exhibition eschewed the aesthetic as well as the functionalist pitfalls into which curators who provide static explanatory paradigms might fall.’
- ‘Her research suggested that ‘the two originated independently, and that leading functionalists had no special propensity to use surveys and leading surveyors no special propensity for functionalism’.’
- ‘The functionalist theory views increasing social integration, harmony and social consensus as a necessary outcome of the evolutionary development of society.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.