One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of atoms responsible for the characteristic reactions of a particular compound.
- ‘Methyl lithium is very reactive and acts as a nucleophilic methylating reagent to electrophilic functional groups, such as ketones.’
- ‘The oxygen atom of an ether functional group has two lone pairs of electrons.’
- ‘The nature and strength of these interactions depends on the types atom groups or functional groups that comprise the molecules.’
- ‘Condensation reactions depend on a repeated reaction between functional groups on the monomers.’
- ‘The nature and strength of these interactions depend on the types of groups of atoms or functional groups that comprise the molecules.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.