One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of atoms responsible for the characteristic reactions of a particular compound.
- ‘The nature and strength of these interactions depend on the types of groups of atoms or functional groups that comprise the molecules.’
- ‘Condensation reactions depend on a repeated reaction between functional groups on the monomers.’
- ‘Methyl lithium is very reactive and acts as a nucleophilic methylating reagent to electrophilic functional groups, such as ketones.’
- ‘The nature and strength of these interactions depends on the types atom groups or functional groups that comprise the molecules.’
- ‘The oxygen atom of an ether functional group has two lone pairs of electrons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.