Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for nutraceutical
- ‘The increasing demand for safe, healthy, and minimally processed foods is creating an opportunity for seaweed products as functional foods, nutraceuticals, and alternative medicinal products.’
- ‘Health and obesity symposiums will focus on tailoring food choices to improve health, nutraceuticals and functional foods, fats and oils, and food chemistry.’
- ‘A majority, 51 percent of those surveyed, did not know that a functional food is a food containing potential health benefits beyond the traditional nutrients they provide.’
- ‘Many so-called functional foods, health foods, and nutraceuticals have been entering into the mainstream US diet lately, with little or no regulation or testing.’
- ‘The issues surrounding the Genetically Modified foods, neutraceuticals and functional foods need to be resolved through concerted scientific endeavours.’
- ‘Natural functional foods are unprocessed whole foods that possess disease-fighting components.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.