Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A day of organized events providing a variety of amusements and activities.‘the club hosted its annual family fun day on Friday, August 15’
- ‘Eighty-five trucks travelled from Point Moore to Woorree Park for a family fun day on Sunday.’
- ‘The musical fun day spills from stages in Brindleyplace and the Mailbox onto the canals in and around the city.’
- ‘It was out with the old and in with the new for members of Templeton Young Farmers' Club, when they dropped their annual horticultural and craft show in favour of a more relaxed family fun day.’
- ‘There's an art auction with a difference, an art market, exhibition and family fun day.’
- ‘The fun day was sponsored by local businesses.’
- ‘I missed the Fun Day at Murlough as I was at a Fun Day in Downpatrick!’
- ‘The walk and fun day will take place from 11 am to 4pm at Haworth Park on Sunday, May 4.’
- ‘The mothers, who go by the name of Anfield Community Spirit, work tirelessly to ensure local children and young people have activities and events to look forward to, such as street parties, fun days, outings and street play activities.’
- ‘The school is holding a fun day on Sunday, July 13 from 11am to 3pm and proceeds from the day will go to Race for Life.’
- ‘Two to three weeks later, the facility offers a family fun day, with the emphasis on building sports leagues.’
- ‘Today's activities include a family fun day at Ballindoolin House and garden, with classic cars and a best dressed teddy competition, as well as a summer garden day at Knockabbey Castle and a jazz concert at Loughcrew Historic Gardens.’
- ‘A day of celebrating family is coming to Nanton with the 3rd Annual Family Fun Day, sponsored by the FCSS.’
- ‘BBC Hereford & Worcester is looking for local talent in Redditch this Saturday at the Caribbean Family Fun Day.’
- ‘Visitors to the Fun Day will see the first public appearance in the town of Billericay Football Club's new manager.’
- ‘The family fun day, which will feature all forms of transport from horses to hot-air balloons, will allow people to walk the length of the two-mile route from Crossflatts to Cottingley on Saturday, July 26, before the road opens to traffic in the autumn.’
- ‘He wants to add an antique tractor show and even a tractor pull to the farm fun day this year.’
- ‘This strategy owes part of its success to the ongoing environmental awareness campaign being staged by the municipal council, such as community fun days for the whole family.’
- ‘Skater Dave Carpenter gets some air in front of the crowd at the Forrester Park fun day yesterday.’
- ‘Young and old from all over Down District gathered at Downpatrick Cricket Club on Sunday for a family fun day in aid of Cancer Research.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.