Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Of normal size for its type.‘she was still a puppy, not yet full-sized’
full-size, unreduced, actual sizeView synonyms
- ‘The band's rhythm section could spark a full-size orchestra.’
- ‘The southern edge of the Southern Arctic is the tree line, a transition zone north of which no full-sized trees are found.’
- ‘The LifeBook's keyboard is about 10 % smaller than a full-size keyboard, a serious drawback for the ham-handed.’
- ‘The miniature acquired an aesthetic of its own, an intimacy and delicacy of charm not derived from or possible for the full-size oil portrait.’
- ‘Despite huge advances in simulation techniques, a full-size mock-up is still considered to be an essential part of the design process.’
- ‘There are equestrian facilities beside the house, including six looseboxes, a turnout paddock and a full-sized all-weather arena with rubber mulch surface.’
- ‘Glebe House is a substantial and attractive Georgian house built over a full-sized basement with three extensions.’
- ‘Our facilities have been improved by the laying of a new full-size competition carpet.’
- ‘The hangar will be so huge you'll be able to get a full-size football pitch inside.’
- ‘Instead of acquiring or commissioning full-size marble sculptures, he concentrated on a 'miniature' sculpture gallery of renaissance bronzes in his ground-floor library.’
- ‘Bernstein was unabashed about using a full-sized orchestra in this repertoire.’
- ‘The eyepiece inconspicuously attaches to your glasses - appearing as the equivalent of a full-size monitor to your proximate eye.’
- ‘Off the spacious hallway is a very bright room designed to accommodate a full-sized snooker table.’
- ‘A mini fridge, he points out, won't dominate a kitchen the way a full-size unit can.’
- ‘In 1989 BBC Television built a full-size version of the room for a programme devoted to this work on Vermeer.’
- ‘For a taste of the good life, stroll through the first-class cabin in the full-size mock-up of the A380 on display at Airbus headquarters in Toulouse.’
- ‘Just a single, full-size carrot more than fulfills an adult's daily quotient of the essential vitamin.’
- ‘This full-sized notebook computer is aimed at home users.’
- ‘And the smaller, lighter phones hitting the market tend to get less battery life than their full-size counterparts.’
- ‘The device was also demonstrated with a separate full-sized keyboard.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.