One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Digital video data that is transmitted or stored on video discs for real-time reproduction on a computer (or other multimedia system) at a rate of not less than 25 frames per second.
- ‘It is amazing what can be done with Flash, simply because (if done right) it bypasses bandwidth limitations that would be choked by full-motion video.’
- ‘We're talking about small video streams, not full-motion video downloads.’
- ‘Their specialized equipment, referred to as a Multimedia Analysis and Archive System, enables their exploiting full-motion video focused on named areas of interest (NAIs).’
- ‘Since full-motion video, like in movies and video games, run at 24 frames per second, it doesn't take long for digital content to swamp even the most capable 32-bit PCs and servers.’
- ‘It's only with those sorts of speeds and download limits that people begin experiencing the real benefits of broadband in terms of full-motion video and high quality voice-over-IP services.’
- ‘The two new divisions will sit alongside the company's traditional line of providing digital media content, such as full-motion video for games and internet applications.’
- ‘The system can, for example, adjust its resolution automatically, optimizing full-motion video when people are interacting, then shifting to higher levels of resolution when documents are being viewed.’
- ‘By using electronic technologies - such as old tapes and records, Internet or full-motion video on CD-ROMS - the media end of the NORAD program has been splashy.’
- ‘To achieve what we normally call full-motion video (i.e. 30 frames per second), we actually have to send 221,184,000 binary digits per second.’
- ‘Both of those games pioneered the use of full-motion video in computer games.’
- ‘The screen can be repainted 70 times a second - double the speed for full-motion video - or an image can be frozen for months without fading.’
- ‘Along with the free-form, ‘anything goes’ content of video blogging, commercial use of full-motion video will fall into 4 basic categories.’
- ‘When everybody else was using overheads and PowerPoint slides, I showed up with full-motion video and graphics right down to the molecular level for the reactors.’
- ‘Broadband is the foundation upon which entire new generations of technology will be built: full-motion video, Web-based medical care, more sophisticated Internet telephoning, and online gaming.’
- ‘A screen with a response time of 50 milliseconds (which is not uncommon) will only be able to display 20 frames a second and is not really suitable for full-motion video, though it may suffice for occasional use.’
- ‘Paoletti said despite improvements, full-screen, full-motion video on a PC ‘isn't quite a reality.’’
- ‘The unfortunate part is that this is the only full-motion video in the entire game: the rest of the videos are no more than a series of artistic still images with voice-over dialogue.’
- ‘How is it that dozens or hundreds of channels of full-motion video arrive at your house, in many cases for free?’
- ‘A single-layer, single-sided DVD can hold up to 135 minutes of full-motion video, with a capacity of 4.7GB, the equivalent of seven CDs.’
- ‘With full-motion video, we can probably attract makeup artists into Investor Relations, which may improve the supply and quality of people in the field.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.