Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a woman) having a plump or curvaceous body.‘full-figured teens struggle to find stylish prom gowns’‘she was just over five feet tall and full-figured’
- ‘Cheryl Hudson-Jackson believes many women dread buying intimate apparel, particularly those with full-figured bodies.’
- ‘A drop-waist style is a sophisticated choice that can make you look taller, and a princess style works well for full-figured petite women.’
- ‘My sister was a little full-figured to pull off the tiny, cute-girl attire that was so popular at Beckford High.’
- ‘Once a tiny, flitting waif, she had become a graceful, full-figured woman.’
- ‘Whether they're apples or pears, hourglass or rectangle-shaped, full-figured women want to look good.’
- ‘If you look back in history, the Greek statues of beautiful women would be considered rather full-figured by today's standards.’
- ‘Researchers say those with excess fat around the stomach - the so-called apple shape - are also less healthy than full-figured women.’
- ‘I don't design for full-figured women; my designs urge women to lose weight.’
- ‘‘We welcome and cater for everyone from the young to the young at heart, the petite to the full-figured,’ Antonie said.’
- ‘It seems odd that if society is finally maturing to the point where it advises full-figured women, regardless of race or culture, to be more accepting of their bodies, why it doesn't advise slender women to do the same.’
- ‘In an era of waifs and buffed bodies, the full-figured beauties in Rubens's works have a graceful nobility.’
- ‘They are full-figured and they relish in their size and manage to be fashionable, attractive, and dynamic and yes, successful in their careers.’
- ‘The point is that any ‘ideal’ - whether it's full-figured or slender - creates its own tyranny when applied to the female body.’
- ‘Dressing well should not have to be an expensive endeavor for the full-figured woman.’
- ‘My friend Katie, a pretty, full-figured African-American woman in her early forties, is putting her life back together after the collapse of a childless marriage.’
- ‘With light brown eyes, long silky hair, and an athletic but full-figured body it was never difficult for her to get a date, although she didn't date often.’
- ‘A pretty, full-figured woman with long blond hair had just arrived with the desserts.’
- ‘And while they are slowly addressing the full-figured market, it's not fast enough to stop the tears of a young girl standing in the women's section of a department store.’
- ‘She wanted to be Tina Turner in a hot miniskirt and boots, but those styles were hard to find for a full-figured woman.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.