One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cell producing an electric current directly from a chemical reaction.
- ‘Schimmel points out that an adjustment in the fuel cell itself may provide a solution.’
- ‘Putting it simply, the fuel cell consumes oxygen and this creates an electric current which is measured as a percentage of oxygen.’
- ‘It is very likely that the car of the future will be an electric car that gets its electricity from a fuel cell.’
- ‘Although superficially similar to a battery, a fuel cell gets its energy in a different way.’
- ‘The fuel cell combines hydrogen with oxygen from the air to generate electricity that powers the vehicle.’
- ‘A fuel cell generates electricity by separating the electrons from the protons of hydrogen atoms.’
- ‘In the Illinois fuel cell, the physical membrane is replaced by the behavior of laminar flow.’
- ‘The micro fuel cell generates electric power through a chemical reaction by mixing hydrogen and methanol.’
- ‘The amount of electricity the fuel cell produces depends on the size of the cell as well as the rate of flow of the hydrogen.’
- ‘The only modifications include rear-mounted battery pods and a fuel cell relocated to the rear trunk.’
- ‘The fuel cell generates electricity as a by-product of a chemical reaction involving dilute methanol.’
- ‘That's the promise of the miniaturized fuel cell, which could end the long run of the storage battery.’
- ‘The gas is fed under electronic control to a fuel cell where it mixes with oxygen in the air intake to create electricity and water.’
- ‘This boosted the rate of proton exchange and increased the fuel cell's power by half as much again.’
- ‘However, the fuel cell will have a much earlier impact on the electrical grid than the automobile.’
- ‘The micro fuel cell is a standalone device shaped like a cradle for recharging handsets.’
- ‘At present, a single fuel cell can provide enough power to recharge a cell phone battery once.’
- ‘The fuel cell, about the same size as a standard rechargeable camcorder battery, was used to operate a camcorder.’
- ‘For less than the cost of developing a fuel cell you can modify a current engine to run on hydrogen.’
- ‘But every time the fuel cell is turned off waste heat is lost as the fuel cell cools.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.