One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long, narrow mustache whose ends taper and droop down to the chin.
- ‘When I first saw a still from the film, with Stiller sporting a power mullet and a Fu Manchu, it was enough to bring a smile to my face.’
- ‘Investigating further Nayland Smith finds that the Fu Manchu is indeed alive and well.’
- ‘His eyes are smeared over with dark makeup, his face is pale white, with a Fu Manchu and his smile is evil and menacing.’
- ‘Morrison's wispy attempt at a Fu Manchu might be the most noticeable bit of facial hair in sports right now.’
- ‘If I have to choose from those mustaches I'll take the Fu Manchus of Hulk Hogan and Paul Teutel.’
1940s: from the kind of mustache worn by Fu Manchu, a master criminal in the novels of the British writer Sax Rohmer (1883–1959).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.