One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘an FTM transsexual’short for female-to-male (sense 2 of the adjective)
- ‘I dated an FTM transsexual for a year and a half.’
- ‘Those of us who are FTM know that the gender identity almost always has to come first.’
- ‘He came to understand himself as FTM, or female-to-male, identified.’
- ‘I met Zachery in Amsterdam, where he was undergoing various stages of FTM [female to male] surgery.’
- ‘the books shed light on the lived experiences of FTMs in America’short for female-to-male
- ‘I'm a 19-year-old FTM who identifies as queer.’
- ‘Walking out the door after the end of the meeting one of the girls turned to me and said that she had thought I was an FTM when I first came in.’
- ‘The panel features two FTMs, the wife of an FTM, and a psychologist who specializes in transgender issues.’
- ‘Among my personal friends and acquaintances: one MTF dating a lesbian genetic female, one FTM married to a hetero genetic female.’
- ‘Other FTMs may choose to hang out in straight spaces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.