Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘an FTM transsexual’short for female-to-male
- ‘He came to understand himself as FTM, or female-to-male, identified.’
- ‘I dated an FTM transsexual for a year and a half.’
- ‘Those of us who are FTM know that the gender identity almost always has to come first.’
- ‘I met Zachery in Amsterdam, where he was undergoing various stages of FTM [female to male] surgery.’
- ‘the books shed light on the lived experiences of FTMs in America’short for female-to-male
- ‘Other FTMs may choose to hang out in straight spaces.’
- ‘The panel features two FTMs, the wife of an FTM, and a psychologist who specializes in transgender issues.’
- ‘I'm a 19-year-old FTM who identifies as queer.’
- ‘Walking out the door after the end of the meeting one of the girls turned to me and said that she had thought I was an FTM when I first came in.’
- ‘Among my personal friends and acquaintances: one MTF dating a lesbian genetic female, one FTM married to a hetero genetic female.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.