One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If he feels the secretary is dressing rather frumpily, the room may lose that air of formality it needs in order to gain the respect of others.’
- ‘An American import centred on an unlikely fashion magazine recruit who dresses frumpily in glasses and braces.’
- ‘Moving Houses was commissioned by the Kronos Quartet, but here it is played (in a revised version) by the frumpily named Ethel.’
- ‘I hate the ones who pretend they haven't seen you when you try to flag them down while dressed frumpily, but sensibly, for the cold.’
- ‘As she looked back at Katherine frumpily trailing, she hoped so.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.