One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An American import centred on an unlikely fashion magazine recruit who dresses frumpily in glasses and braces.’
- ‘I hate the ones who pretend they haven't seen you when you try to flag them down while dressed frumpily, but sensibly, for the cold.’
- ‘Moving Houses was commissioned by the Kronos Quartet, but here it is played (in a revised version) by the frumpily named Ethel.’
- ‘As she looked back at Katherine frumpily trailing, she hoped so.’
- ‘If he feels the secretary is dressing rather frumpily, the room may lose that air of formality it needs in order to gain the respect of others.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.