One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The depiction of the brutality and fruitlessness of war leaves a lasting impact on the reader.’
- ‘She smirked at the intriguing fruitlessness of it all and recalled what a lumberingly absurd dream life had been.’
- ‘Acknowledging the basic fruitlessness of human existence is important, but so is grinning.’
- ‘For further proof of the fruitlessness of the efforts in either penalty box there was the final frantic exchanges in County's box.’
- ‘And when you finally discover the overwhelming fruitlessness of your efforts, how you are putting your life on the line for an ever-diminishing possibility of success, could you survive?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.